Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Saturday, November 13, 2010

Christmas came early!

So--

Patric and I have been sleeping TERRIBLY for a very long time. When I wake up in the morning and my back still hurts from the day before, it is a bit discouraging. I am only 27 but I feel like my body is already starting to fail me! Patric and I went to four different stores today and decided on Mattress Discounters for our mattress. It will be delivered on Tuesday. I am very excited, though a little anxiety ridden. We do have 24 month interest free financing, but I wanted to wait until February to get the bed (after we had paid off our credit card)...but then I was like, February is SO long away...and so many painful mornings before then.

We bought a king sized bed, so we had to also buy a king sized bed frame. We have been eyeing an entire bedroom at Ikea for a very long time. I already bought the same paint color they have listed on the wall. So we have bought our first piece of our bedroom set tonight. Ikea in Woodbridge didn't have the entire frame, of course, so we drove up to College Park, Md to get the frame. It was very scary driving home with the head board on the top of the matrix, but we got home safely, thank the Lord.

Patric and I have never bought our own bed and we are using mismatched furniture as well for our bedroom, but perhaps this is just another change that we need to make for our relationship. We won't be able to buy all the pieces at once, but we are definitely working on our bedroom next in our house. We have lived here 2.5 years and have not done anything to our bedroom. We have also been married 6.5 years and have never bought a bed or matching furniture. We did buy a frame and two side tables but I am using a dresser that my mom used in her children's nursery ( I think it was even David's nursery) so it is like 43 years old! I like the dresser and it will go into Josh's room when we buy a new dresser, but it is time for Patric and I to have our dream bedroom.

So much for being debt free! At least this debt is interest free!

Oh--I forgot to mention, while I was vacuuming on Friday my vacuum started shaking and smelling really bad. I suspect it is a belt problem, but I am just sick of the thing anyway...so we headed to Home Depot with our 12 month interest free coupon and bought a dyson dc-33. I am so excited to use it tomorrow! It will NOT take 12 months to pay off the home depot card, I just like the option of interest free, pay off as long as you want!

No comments: