Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Saturday, December 13, 2008

St. Lucia and December Fun!

Today is St. Lucia in Sweden. I don't know much about the tradition, but I wanted to do something nice for Patric to bring a little of home to him. Apparently, they make cookies called Pepparkakor (basically gingerbread) so I made the dough last night so that we could roll them out today. We had a pretty busy day, so we didn't get to them until after dinner, but WOW--THEY ARE YUMMY!!

I got some shots of us working on them, for those in Sweden who follow this blog.

Josh helped roll out the cookies.



Josh helped cut out the cookies...and licked them too! He got A LOT of flour all over him, but that is part of the fun of making cookies.

We didn't have gingerbread men cookie cutters...so we had to make gingerbread snowmen, angels, and holly leaves.
An action shot...while they are baking! They smelled SO yummy!!

The finished product. They smelled SO good!


Josh is testing them out...to see if they are good.


Patric and Josh relaxing, watching a Christmas movie...while Josh continues to snack on his cookie. Look at his hand, he did not even let me come near him because he thought I would take his cookie away.



In other news---today marks the day I officially lost 20 lbs. I have been dieting and working out for about 6 weeks...of course Thanksgiving was in the middle of it all on top of any cheat days I gave myself...but I am SO happy to be 8 lbs less than I was when I got pregnant with Josh. Ideally, I would like to lose another 7 lbs before I get pregnant again...but I am just so happy I have lost what I have.

I will be bold and post a picture of me in my bathing suit. Patric took it today...just to show how much I have lost. Patric has repeatedly told me how proud he is of me. I have resisted trying to get pregnant, because I felt so miserable about my body and did NOT want to gain on top of pregnancy weight. Now I feel much more confident about getting pregnant...though I will not get to enjoy my body much, if I do get pregnant fast.




Yes family---Patric and I will be trying for another kid this month. Cross your fingers that conceiving this kid will not take over a year like Josh did. Josh was sure worth the wait though!

7 comments:

Kelli Brewer said...

You look great! I am proud of you as well. That kind of self control is definitely something to be admired.

strong said...

Wow Sasha! You really do look awesome. Congratulations, we all know what a feat that is.

Liz Chidester said...

Woe, momma you are hot!!

Anonymous said...

Sasha, you look great! :) Congrats on losing the weight! Keep me posted on little one #2!

May said...

You look amazing Sasha! I miss your blonde hair though. 8-)

Taralyn said...

hot mama! wish i had that bod! bring on #2 :)

Courtney said...

You look awesome, Sasha! I lost the weight plus about 13 pounds before I got pregnant with number 2 and only got to enjoy it for abour 2 months. Good luck and happy trying!