Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Monday, April 6, 2009

It's cherry blossom time!

Patric and I decided that we were going to go to see the Cherry Blossoms in DC this weekend. We have had a hard week...I had my 2nd miscarriage of the year...back to back...so we knew that we needed to get out of the house and enjoy the beautiful weather while we could. There were a lot of people, and I was in a bit of pain, but all in all it was a good time. I think Josh really liked seeing all of the trees and people. He was AWESOME the entire time we were there. He is such a good kid!

Here are some pictures of the day--


I just love this picture. I want to blow it up and put it somewhere in my house!

I love this smile! He is my handsome little boy!
I love the cherry blossoms. The trees were gorgeous and the weather was perfect!
A nice woman just walking by asked if we wanted her to take some pictures of us. She said she always felt bad for young families. It was nice to have a few pictures of all of us together!
He didn't cooperate with getting a good smiling picture...but I will settle with this one. He is saying that he wants to cuddle more and more...probably because I tell him I want to cuddle with him all the time. Sometimes I miss that little newborn who cuddled with me all day!

This is probably the most flattering picture of me of the day. The rest of the pictures I think I look tired...and I am.

So--while there is so much beauty around me, I was wallowing in my sorrow. I don't understand all that Heavenly Father has in store for me...but clearly He does not want me to have a child right now. The doctor did find about 10 cysts on just one of my ovaries...and I don't know what the other ovary looks like, but I suspect it isn't any better. I know that I need to lower my stress levels. I think the year 2009 has been a pretty tough one for me emotionally and even at work. The economy is hurting so many people around me...we are still staying afloat, but it is scary when we rely on other businesses to help us pay our bills.

Anyway--

We are taking a break from trying to have kids. We know that it is not difficult for us to get pregnant anymore...since we got pregnant on the first and second try...but we just want to find out what is going on with me. And I am going to use this time to lose more weight and be even more healthy for the next pregnancy.

8 comments:

Liz Chidester said...

Oh Sasha! I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. You're right though, you need to see whats going on. Heavenly Father does have a plan for you. You just may not know it yet. Hang in there girl.
You look beautiful by the way. Your hair is long again!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your miscarriages and the fact that you've been so stressed out lately. I think it's good that you're taking a break to make sure you're healthy for the next time you try. Much love.

Kelli Brewer said...

I'm sorry to hear about that Sasha - have they looked into PCOS (I think that's the abbreviation) or something like endometriosis? I'll be thinking about you though - I know I would really struggle through something like that. I'll see you on Sunday!

Sasha said...

The doctor suspects PCOS, but they have to run some blood work as well. We have to wait until I am no longer pregnant (on tests) before those tests are run. In the meantime, I have been trying to eat really well and work out even harder to try to get these things gone. They are pretty common, but it still freaks me out.

Krista said...

Oh Sasha!! Hang in there! I can only imagine what you are going through. The cherry blossom pics are adorable, you guys are such a beautiful family. Oh- if you find out it is PCOS, we have a lot of talking to do...I can fill you in!! PCOS has been problem for many years...Talk to you soon!

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news, Sasha. I know you were praying so hard! Please let me know what the doctor says and know that I'm praying for you and the boys. <3

You all look so cute in your new pictures. We miss the cherry blossoms. You look beautiful as always, though!

Taralyn said...

I'm so sorry! Take it easy! Rest and heal. You have an amazing outlook and I admire you :)

Mary said...

Sasha, I am so sorry for what you had to go through twice now..... I am glad that you got to get out and enjoy the beauty of the cherry blossoms with your guys. May God bless you as you try again the next time. Hang in there, friend. (And I want you to know that you look so amazing too!!!)