Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

This Valentine's Day was filled with stuff to do. First, Patric woke up early to go pick up wood from a very nice guy who gives us wood for free...we just go pick it up whenever we need it. Gotta love Craigslist!! On his way to go pick up the wood, he gets a call from our friend Brad, who says that they need Patric to go play basketball at the church. So--with the trailer attached to the camry that we are borrowing from my stepdad, he makes his trek over to the church to play some ball. Unfortunately, they were playing down a man so they lost by 12 points...but not bad for four on five! A guy playing basketball on Patric's team said that he would help Patric haul the wood if he stayed to finish the game...so after the game Patric got help, and a big truck, and went over to get the wood. We got A LOT of split wood...which I am sure Patric is forever grateful for. He has had to split a lot of wood this winter to heat our home. Wish the guy would have told us before that he had a splitter!! Oh well...

After putting the wood away, we got some lunch at Jerry's subs and pizza and just relaxed while Josh took a nap. Our friend Brad came over and it was nice to just sit and chat with him for awhile. We haven't hung out with him because Kami is in Utah with her family for a little over two weeks. We were having withdrawals! After Brad left, we put a movie on for Josh, and we buzzed Patric's hair. FINALLY! I have to say...I was getting sick of the hair. I was trying to be a good sport about it...but it is nice to have my man back again. I am not sure if I will be so allowing the next time he has a desire to grow his hair out....

While Patric was getting the wood, I went food shopping and prepared for tonight's feast. Since our anniversary is so close to Valentine's Day, and I knew that we had somewhere special planned for our anniversary, I didn't want to go through the hassle of a babysitter and crowds for Valentine's Day---plus I wanted to do something nice for Patric. I picked up some sushi (which was my first time eating it, and it was pretty good), some nice steaks, asparagas, caesar salad, bread, a fancy bernaise butter, potatoes, chocolate to make chocolate dipped strawberries and pudding to make a chocolate cream pie. IT WAS A LOT OF FOOD!! We were not able to finish the food...and haven't even made it to dessert...but we get yummy leftovers and a much cheaper dinner than if we went out...all in the comfort of our own home...right in front of the fireplace and window...we got the best seat in the house!

I highly recommend planning a yummy meal at home, especially if money is tight, after the kids go to bed and enjoy time with your significant other. It is easy to fall into routine and habit...and sometimes it is nice to change things up a bit.

Now, I am blogging and Patric is relaxing...and if we get enough room in our bellies before bedtime we will be snacking on some strawberries...I think the pie will have to wait until tomorrow or Monday.

I almost forgot!

Patric ordered me roses from Proflowers.com to be delivered! He has never done that before, and the roses are beautiful. They came in a really cool red vase too! He also got me chocolates and a snoopy holding the Whitman's sampler. I think he is trying to fatten me up again or something with all this chocolate!! I got him two bags of his favorite Lindt chocolates to go along with his meal.

Though it was a rocky beginning to Valentine's Day, it was a nice finish. I am grateful to have such a loving man in my life.

And here are some pictures of our set up!

All the yummy food!
It was a true feast!
mmmm steak!
Yay for haircuts!!
I look tired! I do not have any make up on!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a nice Valentine's Day with Patric! :)

Sam said...

For cute!

Liz Chidester said...

You tried sushi?? Wow that's really a step put of the box, Sasha! Good for you! I like Patric's hair short too.

Krista said...

Wow! I even love your plates. Looks like fun, I am all about eating these days!

Mary said...

You guys are so cute. :)

Taralyn said...

Wow! That looks fancy :) Wish our Valentine's Day had that nice of a meal. You're impressive Sasha.

modestmuse said...

You look beautiful! And I love Patric's hair -- Neil is threatening to grow his out, too ... You are an amazing cook! That dinner looks awesome.