Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Saturday, March 7, 2009

Snow, an Anniversary and a new nephew!!

Man---what an exciting week we have had! First---we actually got some snow! In our area, we got about 6 inches. It was the nice powder snow...great to look at, not great to sled on. Josh wanted to make a snowman, but we couldn't even do that!

Patric and I celebrated our 5th anniversary today. I can't believe we have been married for five years! It has had its fair share of ups and downs...but we have grown closer with each down and enjoy the ups even more! Not only did we celebrate our anniversary on the 6th, but Megan (my sister) decided it was time to have her baby...on our anniversary! To see pictures of baby Phoenix visit their blog...www.dealfamilyblog.com . Patric and I went up to see the baby before we went to Old Town Alexandria for our date. It was nice to see Megan so glowing and happy. Her delivery with Phoenix was much less exhausting than Sage...and he seems to be very different from Sage (at least that is what Gregg says).

The economy sucks. And I HATE it. I feel so bad for those struggling. I mean, we do not have it easy, we work hard for what we have, but we have so much. I am truly grateful for all I have. More than anything, I am grateful to have family (all over the world) and friends.
Our mailbox. See swedes...we get snow too!

Patric and Josh attempting to make a snowman. Patric gave up soon after, when he said the snow wasn't packing right.
My cute boy. I can't get over how cute and grown up he is getting. He will be two next Saturday! He insisted on wearing my scarf that day too! The boy is getting opinions.
Carlie is Josh's best friend. He does NOT stop talking about her, and loves her so much. Carlie was brave enough to jump in the sled with him. She quickly got back out after the hugs got a little rough.
Patric rarely picks up the camera to take pictures...but I guess he thought that this was a cute shot of Josh and I reading on the couch. Josh LOVES books now...and for that I am grateful. I thought he would never allow us to read to him.

Josh realizing that daddy is taking pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun playing in the snow! I love the picture of you reading to Josh. So cute!

Courtney said...

You'll have to tell me the secret to getting a toddler to sit still for a book. Brady likes to look at the pictures on his own terms and pick out things he knows the words for, but there is absolutely no "reading to Brady" in this house.

Sasha said...

Haha! I really dont remember when he decided to let us read to him. We usually do it before his nap time. We sit on the rocker and read...he has his blanket and just relaxes...I guess that has made it ok during the day as well. I used to force him to read...like hold him tight so he couldn't move! haha. Now he loves it! A little coercing didnt hurt I guess!

Lacey said...

A baby and an anniversary in one day? That's a pretty good day. I think that snow storms one day and Summer the next is pretty cool too. Very cute pictures.