Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend - Sunday

Well--

The final day here in NC. To say I am bummed about going home is an understatement. When I booked the vacation, I felt a little overwhelmed by the cost of it, but knew once I got to NC that I wouldn't care anymore, and it is true. It was worth every penny to come down here and relax...and even moreso, to be here with some friends who are also going through a tough time. Not that I am happy about the situation they are going through, but the thoughts that I have and that my friend have make me feel more normal. It was nice to just talk openly and honestly with someone who knew exactly how I was feeling. And I must say...she is much farther in her grieving process than I, or stronger than me! I was SO nice to hang out again! We hope to see them again soon.

Today was filled with the beach the entire day. We got on the beach around 10am and went in for lunch around 1230. Josh was REALLY grumpy, and we didn't give him a nap yesterday or the day before, so we figured we should try to get him to sleep today. Thankfully he did take a nap without any resistance. Patric was kind enough to stay in the house so that I could go down to the beach with Anthrea. We were on the beach for a good 2 hours just hanging out and talking...oh and getting burned! Gotta love the sun and the burn though...burns turn to tans right?? Then Anthrea and Andy left and we ate some dinner. After dinner we debated as to whether we would drive home tonight or go home tomorrow. I am really tired from all the relaxing I have been doing and decided that I didn't want to go home. Why rush back to reality right? So we went on a walk on the beach and then got off the beach and walked on the road. After the walk we put Josh down and Patric went to DQ to give me my gluttonous sugar fix! That was the last ice cream either of us will eat for awhile...so I surely hope Patric enjoyed it!

I am so sad to be going back home tomorrow. I hope the traffic isn't too bad.

Here are some pictures of today---
The first step of making a Josh sized sand castle. Pack the castle shape full of sand.

Turn the castle shape over...
Make sure the shape is steady and sturdy on the sand.

Lift and see your results.

Josh and Patric playing in the water.

He is TOTALLY my kid. He absolutely LOVES the beach. It was such a fun trip and a warm up for our family trip in August.
Here is me in my glory. I probably should not have been wearing this swim suit, as my body is not all that great...but whatever. I wanted to tan my stretch marks...which you can't really see in this picture, but they are there!! AND THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM! Sorry...I am just so bummed still about them...I need to figure out how to get rid of them so I can feel more confident in a bathing suit.

Us being silly.
We asked Anthrea to take some pics of us before they went home. Too bad I didn't bother to dry my hair and Patric and Josh hadn't showered yet...so the pictures weren't all that great.

Anyway--it was a great Memorial Day Weekend. We will miss the beach, but will be back soon!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

A girlfriend of mine SWEARS by this stuff for stretch marks: http://www.robelynlabs.com/index.asp

It's expensive, but it's apparently "the" cream to use.

Krista said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had a blast!! I am so behind on life...I didn't even know you went. Too fun!