Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dennis visits, kite flying, and a BIG BOY BED!!

Last weekend, we had the opportunity to have Patric's brother, Dennis visiting. Josh LOVES his Uncle Debbid (as he pronounced it). I was dealing with the second dose of methotrexate so I was not able to visit as much as Josh and Patric...which I am totally bummed about...but we will see Dennis again soon, I hope. I think Patric REALLY enjoyed having Dennis here. On Monday he was bummed that his brother was gone.

A couple of weeks ago, I took Josh to the park and there was a dad and son flying a kite. He kept saying over and over again that he wanted a kite. I told him that he needs to ask his daddy to buy a kite. So for a week, he kept asking over and over again, "buy a kite?" So we gave in and bought a kite. The day we chose to fly it, there was not very much wind....but Dennis was here and it seemed like a fun thing to do.

Here are some pictures of his visit...unfortunately we didn't think to get good family pictures while he was here, and we regret not getting any good shots of him and Josh.

Dennis came equipped with gifts for Josh for his birthday. He gave two books that I will not be able to read to him! One day I will learn more swedish!

Here he is opening the cool toy car made out of wood. Josh loves to drive it around the house. It was VERY hot...especially for April..so that is why Josh is all flushed. It was in the 90s!! I LOVED it!
This is the only picture I have of Dennis from the entire weekend....and it is of him taking pictures too! Oh well...clearly Patric is flying the kite.

Giving the control to Josh. He is such a big boy!

And now for his big boy bed...He has been taking his clothes off during nap time. Generally I dont care, but if he pees in his crib it is a big hassle to clean up. I read on the internet that if you get them out of a crib and in a big boy bed, and put a potty in their room, they may get up and use the potty. Unfortunately, that was not the case...and Josh STILL takes off his clothes...but he has only peed once this week in his big boy bed. I was a little worried that he wasn't going to stay in his bed...but he is so proud to be such a big boy that he has not attempted to get out since the first nap time...which my mom had to take care of because I had to go to the doctor to get my second dose of methotrexate.

He sleeps just as long at night and during his naps (though I think he naps EVEN better in his big boy bed). Patric and I feel so blessed that we have such an EASY kid when it comes to change. We took down the crib and never looked back..it has been a week now and things are GREAT!

Look at that smile! This picture was taken when we put his bed in his room for the first time. You gotta love Ikea...this bed is short for him now...but will extend two more times...the last time will extend into a twin bed. Josh did fall out of the bed three times...so Patric put up wood shelves on each side of the bed. He hasn't fallen out again, but I did find him on the floor one morning sleeping...he was just having a campout on the ground.

Tucking in Donkey Kong (who he loves and got from his cousin Erik last year. Erik was visiting from Sweden and we went to Kingsdominion and he won it and gave it to Josh).

1 comment:

Taralyn said...

sweet bed! isn't it crazy to put away the crib!