Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Sunday, April 11, 2010

Today, I am humbled.

I went to our friend's ward, also my home ward growing up, Quantico, today to bless baby Everett. It is also fast Sunday, and in my church that means that the members of the congregation go up to the pulpit and bear their testimony of the church and their experiences.

One testimony in particular humbled me today.

There is a woman that I have known for many years. She is a few years older than me. She has had medical problems her whole life, namely brain cancer. She has overcome many obstacles in her life, gotten married to her eternal companion, had a few kids etc. I know that she has been fighting the cancer again, anybody would know, as she wears a scarf on her head. But she looked so beautiful up at the pulpit today and it brought me to tears. First, her son wanted to bear his testimony, so she helped him with that. And then she bore hers. The very first thing she said was that a few weeks ago they sang "I Believe in Christ" and a phrase stuck out to her, so she shared it. "I Believe in Christ, so come what may."..that is when I lost it....tears flowing...I am sure there were others in the room as well.

This woman, who has NEVER been able to skate through life...now, obviously, dealing with medical issues, proclaims that she believes in Christ, so come what may. She understands that everyone has their own trials to go through life...and looking at my own trials compared to hers I am very humbled. I just can not imagine going through what she is, never knowing if tomorrow will come for her on this earth, but she wears a happy face and continues to believe. What a great example to not only me, but EVERYONE!

I am so happy I was able to sit in on Quantico Ward's Testimony meeting today...the testimonies born were what I needed to hear...especially Lindsay Heaton's.

3 comments:

April said...

I know Lindsay, a little bit, actually. Wow. Small world. I met her in Hawaii; she was a good friend of my sister-in-law's there. I didn't know she had cancer, but I had heard from my sis-in-law that she had brain surgery a few months back. I just didn't know she was this close. I'm going to have to get in touch with her.

k. said...

Thanks for sharing that. I am April's S-in-Law and I just love Lindsay. I have been amazed at the humor and strength she can pack in to a facebook status. :) She is a good woman to know....even when she is well. ;) k.

Krista said...

Awesome. Thanks for sharing Sasha. That's just awesome.