Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Sunday, October 24, 2010

Our Weekend Get - A - Way!

So we are back from our vacation, sad to say! We had a REALLY good time. The cabin was small but had all of our needs...a jacuzzi in the living room next to the fireplace...what more do you need? Patric and I are thinking of installing a jacuzzi in our family room...don't mind us in the corner bathing when you come over...

On Friday we arrived around 6:30, so we got our keys and Patric and I went into the cabin. Patric bought the romantic package, so there was music playing and the coffee table was decorated with rose petals and rocks. There was a bouquet of flowers, chocolates and sparkling apple cider. I am usually not a fan of apple cider, but it was delicious! We had some spaghetti and meatballs for dinner...thanks to my mom, and relaxed for the rest of the evening in the jacuzzi and talked about stuff we never talked about. It was nice!

Saturday morning we woke up and decided we wanted to explore a little bit. I knew I wanted to do some type of hiking, so we went to this place called Crabtree Falls. It was a two mile hike up to the top of the falls so we did it. It was nice to be in the wilderness and enjoy nature. When we got to the top of the falls it was BEAUTIFUL! There were also about a million lady bugs flying around. I have NEVER been around so many ladybugs. After we got our fill of the mountains we hiked back down and decided we should go out to lunch instead of dinner because it was already 2. The first place we wanted to go wasn't open so we went to another place. The food was ok but it was pricey. There was a line to get into the bathroom and Patric was like, "isn't that the guy from your tv show?" I looked and was like, "hey it's Mouth! (or Marvin) from One Tree Hill!". I didn't want to bother him though, so I didn't say anything to him. After we ate, we went back to the cabin to relax. I read my book "The Hunger Games" and Patric played on his phone. He decided to collect some firewood as well, and that night we filled up the jacuzzi again, I started the fire and we watched a movie.

Sunday morning, we decided we wanted to go to Monticello in Charlottesville, on our way home from Royal Oaks. I LOVE Monticello. I want a garden like Thomas Jefferson had! He had SO many different vegetables! Patric promised me that once he gets the water problem fixed in the house that I can start my vegetable garden. I am going to have to read up a bit on what I want to grow and how to do it!

It was such a nice trip. I am sad that it is over. The cabin had problems with those stupid stinkbugs! We probably killed like 100 of them while we were there...but it was perfect other than that!

Josh was also AWESOME for my mom, which I am very grateful for. He even napped for like three hours for her! Why doesn't he nap that long for me? We may plan a disney cruise sometime in the future to take with my mom and charlie.

Here are some pictures!
We got to enjoy the falls with some of the Amish. They didn't make it all the way to the top of the hike though.
Someone was kind enough to take our picture at the first falls before the hike.
These pictures do not give the beauty of the place justice!
One of my favorite parts.
Where's Sasha? I don't generally want to climb out somewhere to get a picture taken...so I MUST have been relaxed this weekend.
Found another couple along the hike that was willing to take our picture.
The view from the top. I know that they are not as impressive as the mountains in the west, but I think they are BEAUTIFUL!
People were so friendly and volunteering to take pictures of us!
Seriously!
My awesome fire roaring, the jacuzzi filling up...and a movie ready to watch! I wish I could do this every night!
Patric took about a hundred pictures of me at this window. This building was in the gardens. I told Patric I want a building like this in my garden to just enjoy my flowers and plants...of course, I need A LOT more land to actually need a building like this.
People are friendly in Charlottesville too because someone volunteered to take a picture of us. This is probably my favorite of the weekend. I actually adjusted the camera before she took the shot, so I knew how zoomed in it would be.
A small portion on Thomas Jefferson's garden. He had 1000 yards of just garden!
Another part of his garden...which overlooks the city below.
The Monticello. We didn't get to see the upstairs, but I LOVED the architecture that Thomas Jefferson designed. It is actually a three story house, but the style back when he built is was just one story, so he made it look one story from the outside. He didn't like to waste time or space...sounds like me! Thomas Jefferson was an incredible man and I am happy I got to see his house with my incredible man.

So that's that!

4 comments:

Krista said...

Yea!!! So happy that you had such a great trip!! Nothing like a weekend away!

Nancy said...

Glad you got to go, Josh was fun and where you went was so beautiful. Interestingly was when you saw all those ladybugs. I have always called you that, so that was for you. A gift

Brittany Crane said...

What a wonderful weekend! I've always wanted to go to Thomas Jefferson's house. Thanks for posting pictures-they are even more motivation to go now. Glad you had fun! You should go on a cruise with us and some other couples next summer. :)

The Emericks said...

The cabin sounds WONDERFUL! What a romantic get away!!! I absolutely LOVE Monticello! Some day when I get my dream house it'll be a lot like Monticello...I'm glad you had a great weekend. You deserve it!