Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Thursday, February 11, 2010

Decorating Cookies!

I got to actually enjoy ALL of this week with my little man. It has been a LONG time since I have not gone into DC during the week and left him with Kami (the coolest babysitter and the bestest friend ever...seriously, I am so thankful that she has been willing to watch Josh for so long...even willing to watch him all the way up to the day she goes to the hospital with her new baby...I dont think I will do that to her though!). This snow stuff is for REAL! I mean, like 20 inches this weekend, and then another 8 inches on Wednesday! Patric's work even closed...so he got to stay home. I did work for about 2.5 hours, but at least Josh and Patric got to hang out while I made some $$$ at home.

Today, instead of being in DC, I went to my mom's house and Josh decorated some cookies for Valentine's day. He had a lot of fun hanging out with Sage too. They didn't even fight once! A MIRACLE! Perhaps its because they haven't seen that much of each other for the past five months. I really didn't think I would be working in DC twice a week for so long. I guess I can't complain too much, since it was well needed money...but I am growing quite tired of it. It is not a fun project to work on...and I feel it will not reap the rewards to the company...so basically, I feel like it is a waste of time. Sure, I make money working on the project...but I want a good outcome to come of it...

Anyway--that is boring. Here are some pictures of today!

I really like this picture! Josh was scowling for some reason...I think it is because he wanted to just take the cookies and eat them without decorating them!
He was very excited to decorate the cookies!
Hard at work.
They must be related...the tongue comes out with all the concentration. Earlier in the day they both went into a daze too...it was pretty funny. Too bad I didn't have my camera out then!
Tasting their hard work (well...Grandma actually did the hard part...making the cookies!)
Doesn't look like they like them too much...in fact, they look down right disgusted by the cookies! (They did like them...and would have had a dozen each if Megan and I didn't stop them!)

The woman that made this day all possible. I am fairly certain I said something derogatory to get this face out of her...it isn't hard for me to get my mom going...she puts up with me for the most part!

In other news--

I am working on making a recipe book with all of my loose recipes. So, naturally, when I cook/bake something that is from a loose recipe (piece of paper that I throw into a box currently, instead of out of a cookbook) I have to take a picture of it for my recipe book! Here are my delicious cinnamon rolls. We ate them on Superbowl Sunday!

No comments: