Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

When God closes a door...

He opens a window! I have always loved that saying...and for the first time in a year, I am so calm and relaxed about EVERYTHING that it is scary. This month I decided to change my diet, take some chinese herbs, get massage therapy, read and listen to soothing music before bed...basically EVERYTHING to bring my stress levels down.

And...

IT HAS WORKED! I even decided to STOP going into work in DC. It was a crazy move, especially since we need the money...but I realized when I was forced to stay home because of snow, that I have missed DEARLY the time I have with my son. Also...my sweet friend had her baby on Saturday, and she watched Josh...so I felt like something needed to be changed anyway. So, I have been scouring for opportunities for work (I have my clients...but I still have time for more)...and last night I received an email from someone that I was in contact with in December. He wanted me to do his business returns this year, which is fine...but he wanted to handle his own bookkeeping (I convinced him to get organized and into Quickbooks). If you want to be a legitimate business, you need to take care of your financial records right from the start. It is so much easier and less costly that way...unfortunately for him, he has already been running his business for three years.

I received an email from him last night, seeing if my offer still stood on what I quoted him with catching up his bookkeeping and then doing his bookkeeping on a quarterly basis. For now, I don't feel he needs bookkeeping on a monthly basis...but he may in the future. It made me feel good that he came back to me for the bookkeeping. It is not my style to push someone into my services...maybe that will be the death of my company?? But it is my style to be there waiting, when my clients realize that it isn't SO easy to make time for bookkeeping.

Needless to say---I felt so incredibly blessed to receive his email last night....especially since my hours are severely cut down with my consulting work because I do not want to go into DC without Josh anymore. Frankly, the task that I was doing is complete...with one little piece missing...but it isn't anything that they can't handle without me. Will I miss the money?? Hell yeah! But I know, financially, that we are always taken care of...as long as I do my part. At least I know we will make it through March...since I also have other tax returns to complete...and hopefully more contacts will come my way with my advertising and email efforts.

Oh...and stop reading if you don't want to be grossed out!

My stress reliever techniques have helped me in my fertility as well. The last couple of months, I have been ovulating on cycle day 24. Now, most women ovulate probably cycle day 12 - 18. It is REALLY hard to get pregnant when ovulating late...and stressed out about it too! This month I ovulated on cycle day 16!! I will have a 30 day cycle!! This is HUGE! I had 38 day cycles for the last two - three months. I am so grateful for this as well. Even if it doesn't end up in pregnancy...at least my body is working correctly (for once!).

Let's see if we have any new pictures that I can post...

Nope! No new pictures!

Til next time!

No comments: