Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dining Room Make Over!

WOOHOO! It is DONE! Patric picked an interesting time to start redoing the dining room...the weekend before Kami and Brad(and Ella and Everett) moved into our home for a couple of months. But...it only took a month to get everything done. I am so very proud of this dining room make over...probably because it was something I envisioned before doing it and then it came out exactly how I wanted it! This is also the first room that we have finished EVERYTHING in...no trim still left to paint, no curtains to buy, nothing. We even changed the PLUGS! We were going to buy new faceplates for the plugs, but they were like $6 per faceplate, and I didn't even like the ones I found at the store. I bought white spray paint and we went that route instead, and it turned out perfectly.

List of things we did to the room:

1. Scrape the ceiling and spackled to smooth it out (we had a popcorn ceiling in there.)
2. Paint the burnt red/orange color on the walls.
3. Cut and hang the beadboard and chair rail.
4. Install new plugs and spraypaint faceplates.
5. Paint the bead board, trim, crown molding (luckily there was already crown molding and basedboards that we liked in the room).
6. Put up new chandelier...this proved to be the most annoying part of the renovation.
7. Iron and Hem the curtains
8. CLEAN!
9. Move furniture back into dining room.

There is always LOTS of dust after our projects because we are changing all of the ceilings in this house...but it is so worth it!

So here are the pictures!!

This is the before picture--we tore down the wall paper about a year ago, but I wasn't sure what to do with the room so we just left it with white walls. This was taken when we were moving in.
The first coat of red paint!
Everyone in the family worked on the room...that included 3.5 year old Josh!
Beadboard going up!
After pics...before the furniture. After I hemmed the curtains...gotta love IKEA for iron on hemming...I don't sew.

Just a wall...
I love that I can put my Fall decorations out now and it fit so nicely with the room!
Another view of the room.
I know that my style is now more country than anything else. I like a bit of contemporary, but I find that I like the country style because it feels warm and cozy, and that is what home is supposed to feel like to me!

6 comments:

Krista said...

Love it! The paint color is awesome! What an awesome makeover!

Natalie said...

Looks great! Love the beadboard!

Valerie said...

I really like the color of the walls! Can't wait to see it in person.

The Hunts said...

Wow! What a lot of work, but it turned out beautifully. Patric has hidden talents :)

Sasha said...

Patric is the spackle KING of America...you didn't know? Patric can do any home repairs he puts his mind to. Sometimes I have to encourage him, but he is truly talented in that regard...I wouldnt buy fixer uppers if he wasn't!

Unknown said...

Looks great, Sasha! I really want to do some fixing up of our place too...someday! :)