Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Monday, September 6, 2010

A year!

**Since I decided this would be my everything blog...you get to hear the moanings of ttc.**

It has officially been a YEAR since Patric and I decided to try again for a baby. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that it would take this long! How could it take this long? We got pregnant SO freakin easily in the beginning of 2009.

A couple of things I have learned this year about my cycles -

If I spot mid month, I will almost surely have a longer cycle (like 39 days).
Evening primrose oil helped regulate my cycles to not have 39 days.
HSG tests do NOT increase your chances of getting pregnant.
With the exception of the last three cycles (the ones I have used EPO on) I had a pattern of short, long, short, long cycles.
Taking your temperature every day for almost a year SUCKS. And if your temp doesn't drop, it doesn't mean you are pregnant!

I have also learned that I am not alone in this journey. While most of my friends have been pregnant in the last two years (it is the age group to have children) there are two friends of mine that are struggling like me....so I can find solace in knowing I am not the only one. I would love it if ALL of use got pregnant at the same time(so we don't hurt the other person's feelings by getting pregnant).

I have never been afraid to talk about my journey with this. I do feel I am supposed to go through this crap. I know I will have at least one more child. The waiting game SUCKS! But, I didn't even get upset this time. I was actually somewhat excited because I was wrong about when I thought I ovulated, so I had a short cycle than I thought...and I had already contacted my doctor around cycle day 13 when I was spotting to ask her about it and she ordered labs to be done on cycle day 3. I will go to the lab tomorrow to get blood drawn to check my FSH, TSH and prolactin. Hopefully it will give me answers.

In other news--

I am 95% sure I am going to take on more work with the consulting firm that feeds me work from time to time. Last Tuesday I got a call from Bill asking me if I wanted to do full time. Anxiety sets in and I know full time is not right. He told me 24 of my hours would be in Chantilly at a bank (not even really my line of work if you ask me), but the hourly rate they want to give me is more than Patric makes a year( at 24 hours a week...). I will keep my Tuesday work with my own clients and obviously tax work and quarterly work. I also got a call from Scott, that also USED to work at the consulting firm. Now it all makes sense that they want me to work full time. He started his own consulting firm and was hoping that when he calls me I will be available to help him out. I am SO thankful for finding this consulting firm last year.

Yesterday it occurred to me that I am going to make more money, probably, just to pay for fertility stuff...but if that is why I am being blessed with the extra money, it will be money well spent. I am confident that I will be pregnant soon. It will not take another year. We are 5 months away from paying off our credit card too. I have been REALLY proactive in paying it off because I am tired of credit card companies. With this extra money, I may pay it off sooner...that will be a MUCH less bill to pay each month, and I can put that money into savings. I want to have enough savings that we can relax a little after having another child. I was able to put enough away when I got pregnant with Josh that I didn't have to work for four months before I started freaking out about money and started my business. I want the next baby to benefit from my undivided attention as well (though I will still work with my own clients, I will not do much with consulting I do not believe).

We never know what a year from now will bring us. Maybe Patric will make the jump and we will work with this consulting thing together. Maybe market more of SJP Accounting as well...who knows? The future seems bright though in all aspects and I am just going to keep the hope up and not dwell on the bad (at least for today!). Ask me tomorrow and I may feel a different way!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Hang in there Sasha. I know it sucks so bad. You are so strong. I think about you and your family all the time. Hang in there!