Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Soccer Game!

Patric and I decided to put Josh in soccer this Fall. We have never put him in anything around other kids and an adult to teach him, so we thought this could be fun. We asked him for about a month before we signed him up and he kept saying that he wanted to play.

He had his first game this past Saturday. While he didn't make a goal, and half the time just stood there...I would say he was pretty good! He did try to make a goal once but there were two of the other team's kids just standing in the goal so he didn't make it. He has a girl on his team that LOVED making goals and she was REALLY cute after each one she made. We destroyed the other team though, and Josh had fun!

Also--Kami and Brad have moved in with us for a couple of months. Josh gets a live in friend...how cool is that? This week we pulled out the slip n slide and let them play. Josh also LOVES Everett, Kami and Brad's six month old son. I can tell that he is going to be an awesome older brother some day.

Here are some pictures to update!

Here is where he was ROBBED of his goal...there are no goalies at this age...let alone TWO! RED CARD RED CARD REF!

Since Summer has decided to stick around and the pool is closed...slip n slide time!
Other than that, there really isn't much going on in our lives. We are making over our dining room, but I will post before and after pictures when it is done. I got another job offer but I didn't take it...that makes three possible opportunities this year...and while it is a blessing, it is also a test to me. I made the decision to stay home with Josh and I feel like I am tested over and over again with $$$. While the money would be GREAT, staying home with Josh WHILE working is best for our family, and I feel so blessed that this is something I am able to do.

I had two lessons on Sunday at church just hit me in the face and knock me back down to size. First, was the lesson about Job. Now, I am no scriptorian, so I knew not the story of Job. He had a GREAT life...and then EVERYTHING literally was taken away from him...and he still stayed faithful to Heavenly Father. After his trial period was over, and boy was it a TRIAL, he was blessed more than he was before the trial began. I can only hope that my pathetic trial will be over soon and I will be bless moreso than ever for not giving up on my faith.

Then...I go to YW and we have a lesson about how important life is and also sort of about staying home with our kids. How society makes it glamorous for women to be executives of big companies and leave their kids, and how unglamorous changing diapers are etc...and it hit me. Josh is only two years away from going to school and then that's it! I don't get that time with him anymore...so I made the right decision to be with him and will continue to make this decision. I do have to work, but I will not take a permanent part time or full time gig until he is in school...and even then, I only hope that I will have one or two others at home by then.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Josh is the cutest soccer player ever! And talented too!
Last Sunday's lessons were really great and I'm glad that they helped you out. I think you are so awesome for making tough decisions and not giving up. You really are an example to me.