Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Friday, March 12, 2010

HSG..oh my!

So--it is no secret that I do not like doctors...I try as hard as I can to stay away from them....especially after having to go to the doctor every other day (get blood drawn) for about two weeks last April. My doctor wanted me to get an HSG done after I healed from it, during the summer. It slipped (I tried to forget about the trauma) my mind...until we started trying for another baby again. Here we are, about 6 months of trying, to no avail. Back in November, I decided I probably needed to get an HSG...but kept talking myself out of it. I kept saying, next month, next month.

Well.,..this month ttc was so different. I enjoyed it. And I quite honestly thought that it could be it too! I even was a day late...but then the witch showed her EVIL face...and well...I'm not pregnant. I took last month much better than I did this month, I didn't even shed a tear last month. I freakin BAWLED my eyes out and said, THAT IS IT...NO MORE TRYING! Josh is it and furthermore, I am going to just make tons of money and forget all about trying to have more children (I could make a lot of money if I didn't worry so much about having another child...but since I know I want another child, I hold back on my business...though business is booming right now...I can't complain too much...much better than last year and the year before, as long as I have growth things are going well).

Then...thoughts of the HSG came back this morning. And since, if you know me, you know I hate calling people (if you ever receive a phone call from me, you should feel VERY special), I emailed my OBGYN to beg her to refer me to get an HSG. I was surprised how quickly I heard back from my favorite nurse there. Last year, as she was poking both sides of my butt cheeks with a strong dose of chemo therapy to kill the thing growing in my fallopian tube, I joked with her saying "Don't you think we should go out to drinks or something before you see my butt?" (Just like me to joke during one of the most traumatic things to happen to me, both physically and emotionally...getting over the ectopic was SO MUCH harder physically on me then the c-section...perhaps it was due to the lack of good drugs...they weren't allowed because they would interfere with the chemo). Anyway, the nurse said she would send my email to my doctor directly and see what she advises.

I heard back from Dr. R this evening, via email. A woman after my own heart. She said that she put the order in for the HSG and that I should call on Monday to find out where to go. I didn't even need to come in to see her...another reason why I love her! I did attempt to make an appointment with her...but she is always booked (and for good reason, clearly)...and I did make an appointment for late April...after this cycle would be done...but perhaps I will be able to cancel it now.

The next step is to get the HSG. Hopefully it will give me the answers I need. I hope it won't be HORRIBLE news...but I suspect something will come up in it....which is why I have had thoughts about getting one done for so long.

Go here for more information on what one is...it won't be a fun procedure...

http://www.advancedfertility.com/hsg.htm

3 comments:

Krista said...

Oh sister. Good luck. I think you should definitely do the HCG. I had one done when Carly was 3, just like Josh. It wasn't as bad as I had psyched myself up for, but it still hurt. Worth it though. I really hope you keep the appt. It's worth it to find out what's going on!!

modestmuse said...

Do it! Go for it!! What do you have to lose? It doesn't sound as bad as you described -- not even too painful. Knowing more information will give you such greater peace of mind and a plan of action! Good luck!!

Sasha said...

Oh I am definitely getting it done...and it will be this week! I have read a lot of success stories about getting pregnant after getting one done. I just hope my right tube isn't completely blocked...I hope they will be able to push the dye hard enough to clear it up!