Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Friday, August 6, 2010

BEACH WEEK!

Wow...I entirely missed the month of July! How did that happen? There wasn't too much that went on. I worked a little, played Zelda a lot (yes, I have dusted off the ol' Nintendo 64) and spent a lot of time at the pool.

We are in Topsail Island, NC right now for our annual family beach trip. The weather has been kind to us, the waves too. Josh has been having a fun time with his cousins...especially Sage and Lily. There have been a few spats, but they still want to spend time with each other.

Patric has been working hard to research a new marketing strategy that the company he works for should use. He has actually traveled over night twice in July...a little adjustment for Josh and I, but anything for him to do the work he actually wants to do. We have looked for other opportunities for him, but in the end know that he is pretty secure where he is at right now, and now that he has better earning possibilities we are going to see if his boss will come through on his end. Also, next year he will have 3 weeks of vacation...he never thought he would be at this company for five years...but with the economy the way it is, getting a new job is tough. We are very thankful he has a job, that is for sure!

I have been busy working from home....but have tried to keep it light so that I can take Josh to fun things this summer.

Oh--and Patric and I have decided to take a break from trying to make a baby. We are going to focus on ourselves and set goals, and if/when we reach them, our reward is a trip away without Josh. I am excited to feel good about myself again and I hope that Patric is too.

Here are some pictures from the beach..because that is the entire reason people actually come to this blog...not for my words!

We went to Wilmington the Friday before we went to the beach, and this is the Cape Fear River front. I liked this red boat.

Just the view from our deck. Glorious! Patric and I just don't want to go home this year!

My camera was acting funny, but that is a baby sea turtle walking its way to the ocean. They hatched a little too soon though, around 7pm, so the volunteer picked them up and put them in buckets until night time. They would have been someone's yummy snack if they were left alone.
My beautiful son!
I love this shot of Josh.

So that's all I got!

Sasha

1 comment:

Krista said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Love the cute pics with Josh...he is growing up so fast! I think it makes a difference not seeing you guys every week at church...