Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Monday, December 28, 2009

Another post already!?!

Ok---

I thought this post needed to be all on its own. The glory that is my new guitar! Patric REALLY did too much for me this year. I told him he had a budget of 150.00. He obviously did not stick to it....but he still got a REALLY good deal on the guitar. This guitar is probably close to 700.00, but he got it for 299.00. I have two goals already, to play "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd and "Father and Son" by Cat Stevens. Since I do not have the music books, I have relied on searches on the internet...and youtube has proved the best tool. People actually post themselves playing it and I can figure out the notes and write them down and then play.

I am pretty close with "Wish You Were Here" though the solo is going to take some MAJOR work...lots of stuff I have never done before...but the chords are pretty simple.

"Father and Son" is a different story...while I have the chords, Cat Stevens didn't make it easy...he changes chords A LOT! I WILL get these songs down soon!

Here she is, in all her glory!

Patric even got me a nice case!
Patric thought that I wanted a black guitar...I don't remember saying that I did, but he gave up that idea and went with this one...and I think it is beautiful!!

Isabelle likes it too!
Trying to pretend that I know what I am doing with my camera!

3 comments:

alice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taralyn said...

That deleted comment was me. Alice was logged in on my computer and I didn't realize it :) I didn't want her to get the credit haha. What I said was, "I look forward to serenading this coming saturday"
:)

Sasha said...

Ha! The guitar will NOT be coming to any party anytime soon! I suck!