Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow on Snow on Snow!

There is something so peaceful about the snow...and I could just sit and stare at those flakes falling for hours! We got a full 24 hours of snowfall from Friday night (December 18) to Saturday night (December 19). I do not remember EVER getting this much snow in December! It definitely makes Patric feel more at home too...and for that we can be thankful! It is hard, I am sure, for him to be so far away from his family...especially at this time of year.

We had a lot of fun in the snow though, even though it is WAY too deep to do any REAL sledding right now. We attempted to get some good sledding in at my mom's house, but the snow wasn't packed enough. When I was a kid (and granted...I still felt like one today) we would have been out on the hills the moment there was enough snow on the ground! Those hills would have had ramps on them and many different trails to take to go down the hill...but instead today, there were only three trails and the walk path was barely walked on! Tells you what this generation of kids are doing with their spare time...(ie...playing video games!)

Here are some pictures of our snow storm!

This was around noon time (I think...it could have been earlier.) Still so much more snow that came from that time on.Josh LOVES to eat snow...it was hard to get a picture of him NOT eating the snow...in fact, I dont think I have one!
Carlie enjoying the snow...or rather...tolerating the snow! At least we shoveled a little path so she didnt get lost!
Once again...eating the snow...he is a true swede too because the snow didnt bother him at all!
Patric actually woke up early on Sunday to shovel the rest of the snow. He took some pictures before the sun came up.
One of my favorite shots that Patric took. You can see how much it snowed with this shot!
This is the other shot I like a lot.
Our roof!

1 comment:

natasha said...

I LOVE pics of kids eating snow!! Mine even bring it inside in a bowl now and eat it like it's ice cream!! eeewwwww! ha ha ha!