Sasha & Patric & Josh & Camilla Too!!


Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sacred Heart Medical Diet???

So---

I heard Brad and Kami talking about some soup diet and whether they were going to do it or not. I was like, what is this diet you are referring to? They gave me a sheet with the info on it and I ran upstairs to chat with Patric. Patric was all for it, and so we decided to do this crazy diet for a week.

Now--I have googled this diet and it is not endorsed by Sacred Heart or anything like that...it has been a diet that has been passed around since the 80s. It used to be the Cabbage soup diet (thank goodness the cabbage is no longer in the soup...it sure would get smelly around here!) and it has other names to it as well.

Well---the more I read, the more skeptical I was to whether we should even TRY to do this "diet". It is TRULY a fad diet because there is absolutely NO WAY to sustain this diet. But---it is a way to get us off of the crap we have been eating and on our way to a healthier lifestyle...which is what I have been BEGGING Patric to do for the last like three years.

So--we started the diet today.

Day 1 - Any fruit (except bananas). Cantaloupes and Watermelons are lower in calories than most fruits. Eat only soup and fruits today.

The Soup is -

1 or 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
3 large green onions
1 large can of beef broth
1 bunch of celery
2 cans of green beans
2 lbs of carrots
2 green peppers

Season with salt, pepper, curry, boillon or hot or worchestershire sauce. Cut veggies in small to medium pieces. cover with water. Boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook until veggies are tender.

For drinks -
Unsweetened Juices
Tea
Coffee
Cranberry Juice
Skim Milk
Water

This diet claims you can lose 10-17 lbs in one week. So--while I am skeptical on how long we will last on it...it would be nice to lose 10 lbs and hopefully get our eating habits under wraps. Or...I can just say this is a mind game that I am playing. It is a way for me to see if I have any willpower!! I had a lot more willpower from October 2008-August 2009. I do miss the way I felt back then...so it is my desire that this diet with help me gain control of something in my life (my eating), and hopefully I will be able to keep a low cal diet after it is done.

Is it ridiculous? Probably...but it is fun to put ourselves through this for a week. I will write each day what we are able to eat, plus our weight loss numbers each day this week. This is TOTALLY a blog worthy type of thing to do!

Sasha

1 comment:

Jamie W said...

Jason did this diet a LOT when we were together.... you have to be consistent... and when you go back to normal food, don't pig out ;) It's good at 'flushing' you out... but not easy to keep the weight off.